This floral hair accessory is easy to make using a muslin fabric base and denim bias tape. Make several denim fabric rosettes and use them on hair clips, headbands, scrapbooking, or gift wrapping.
- Denim Bias Tape (Double Fold)
- Embroidery Thread
- Sewing Needle
1. Begin by cutting a circle 2.25" in diameter muslin circle - mark the center.
2. Make a cut along the line to the center. Fold the material to form a cone shape. Quickly stitch the material in place. The stitches don't have to be perfect, no one will see it.
3. Whip-stitch the end of the denim bias tape, so that it will not fray. Sew the bias tape, in place, over the tip of the cone.
4. Fold the bias tape and tack in place.
5. Continue to fold the bias tape and tack it in place. The most important thing when tacking it in place is that you are going through the previous layer of denim.
6. Notice the sewing needle in the picture below - it is going through the previous layer of denim.
7. Continue folding and tacking layers until you have gone completely around the muslin fabric. Trim the bias tape from the cardboard spool.
8. Fold the tail to the back of the fabric rosette and tack it to place. Then whip-stitch the end of the denim tail to keep it from fraying. The underneath of the rosette isn't pretty, if you want to cover your stitches - you can glue felt onto the back.
9. Your cute denim fabric rosette hair accessory is complete! Follow the instructions to make several rosettes.
For more fabric hair accessories visit my other tutorials:
Pointed Petal Fabric Flower
DIY Fabric Flowers
Small Fabric Flowers
Bandanna Rag Bow