March 8, 2011

How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers

For the last couple of days I have been trying to re-create Martha Stewart's Tissue Paper Pom Poms, easily and quickly.  Using my Bowdabra I created fun quick multi-colored tissue paper pom poms.  The step-by-step instructions for my tissue paper pom poms can be found at Sandy Sandler's blog (I am a guest writer and my detailed instructions along with pictures are there.)

For my readers here at Sewing and Crafting with Sarah, I designed easy tissue paper flowers, again using my handy dandy Bowdabra.

Materials:
4 Sheets of Tissue Paper
Bowdabra
Bowdabra Bow Wire
Faux Long Flower Stem
Long Fluted Vase
Scissors

Instructions:

To begin with I placed my Bowdabra Wand into the towers of my Bowdabra to widen the opening.  I found if I didn't widen the opening the tissue paper tore.  Then fold a 24" piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire in half and place into the Bowdabra.



Next, I took four standard sized tissue papers all the same color.  I folded them in half length wise and then width wise several times.  Then, I just quickly added some scalloped edges to the tissue paper. 



Then open the tissue paper up and cut in half, you will now have 8 layers of tissue paper.  Helpful Hint:  Use really sharp scissors to get through all the layers of tissue paper.



Now, slowly start to feed the tissue paper into the opening of your Bowdabra.


Start to fold the paper in an accordion shape down into the Bowdabra.  Place all the tissue paper into the Bowdabra.



Once tissue paper is completely in the Bowdabra, thread the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop that you made when you folded it in half.  Pull the wire tightly.  Take the tissue paper out of the Bowdabra and tie it in the center.



Next, using sharp scissors cut along the folds that were formed when you placed the tissue paper into the Bowdabra.



Turn the paper over and cut the folds on the other side.



Slowly, begin to separate the pieces of tissue paper move some to the left and others to the right.



Attach the tissue paper to a floral stem either by tying it onto Bowdabra Bow Wire or by gluing it onto the stem.


Place the flower into a long fluted vase.



Related Articles: How to Make Tissue Paper Napkin Rings

Craft Designer - Sarah Forhan
Follow on Twitter @sarah_forhan
Sewing & Crafting with Sarah on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Email Updates Daily by Feedburner

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner