January 9, 2013

Hair Bow Clips Tutorial with Flower Centers

Little girl hair bow clips are so much fun to make.  Hair bows look cute in my daughter's hair and are great gifts for her friends.  Especially, for those last minute birthday parties, when you need a gift quickly.



If you follow my blog, you may know that I have become obsessed with learning how to read crochet patterns.  I have known the basics of crocheting, from a young age, but it has not been until recently that I started learning how to read patterns. 

You may also know that I like to get creative with my crafting materials and mix it up a bit. (Confession: I once used dyer lint and Elmer's glue to make a holiday ornament. Oddly, it was kind of cute.)  So, I was curious how lace would crochet.  Turns out - it looks really pretty and is soft and puffy - perfect for making little flower centers.  I invite you to visit the Bowdabra Blog for my step-by-step tutorial.




I was so happy with the flower centers that I designed a coordinating basic stacked bow to go with them.  I used the Mini Bowdabra and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler to make the bow.  The Mini Bowdabra with Ruler helps you to make exact bows every time.  For the step-by-step tutorial click here.


Interested in more hair bow clip tutorials.  Visit my collection here.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I really am very happy with them, too. I think the crocheted lace flower is unique - which makes me like them even more.

      Delete

Email Updates Daily by Feedburner

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner