This weekend, I worked on handmade Christmas gifts. I made a beaded Christmas ornament using craft materials that I purchased at Michael's Craft Store. To make these beaded ornaments I used a 3" Styrofoam ball, straight pins, and assorted beads. It was not difficult to make this style ornament - just very time consuming. This one ornament took me about four hours to make.
Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
Bowdabra Bow Wire
3/8" Silver Ribbon
3" Styrofoam Ball
(Links direct you to the Bowdabra Ribbon & Things Store)
1. Begin by gathering all the materials that you will need to make this ornament.
2. To make the ornament place a seed bead onto the the straight pin (this will keep the beads from coming off) then add a bead. Continue placing beads all around the Styrofoam ball.
3. Next, make the bow for the top of the ornament. You can either make the bow by hand or use the Mini Bowdabra and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler to make it. I cut 20" of ribbon to make 4 (2" loops) with tails.
4. Attach the bow to the top of the ornament using several pins to hold it on place. Use the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire to hang the ornament.
5. Hang the ornament on your tree or give as a gift.