Lamb's Pride worsted wool and mohair yarn by Brown Sheep Company has an amazing texture for knitting, crocheting, and felting. I originally bought the yarn for crocheting wool mittens but I haven't had a chance yet to make them. I decided to use a little bit of the yarn to make beautiful wool and mohair flowers for a headband. I love the look of the headband and it is the perfect winter hair accessory!
Lamb's Pride Worsted Yarn
1. To make the yarn flowers for the headband I used Lamb's Pride worsted wool/mohair yarn.
2. To make the flowers follow the flower pattern at the Bowdabra Blog. The pattern I designed for Bowdabra, uses lace, but it will work with this yarn, as well. Make two flowers using the color indigo and one flower using twilight green.
3. Attach the two indigo flowers to side of the headband. Use a yarn needle to attach the flowers to the headband. Trim away excess yarn.
4. Attach the middle twilight green flower to the headband. Use a button center to hold it in place.
5. Your embellished headband with wool and mohair flower hair accessories is complete.