October 25, 2012

Q-Tip Skeletion Kids Halloween Craft

I have been searching for fun kids crafts this Halloween.  Specifically, I was looking for a quick, no mess craft that I could do with my daughter's fourth grade class.  We have lots of activities planned for their classroom Halloween party but I thought a simple craft would also be nice.

I loved the Q-Tip Skeleton, craft project, that I found at Fun Family Crafts.  The craft seemed simple enough and, best of all, inexpensive.  I knew that I could easily purchase supplies for 20 children and it would cost me less than $10.00 for everything!

However, I was concerned about a few things.  I didn't want the children to have to cut the Q-Tips in half for the skeleton's feet and hands.  When I tried to cut the Q-Tips it was a little difficult.  Also, more often than not the Q-Tips went flying when I cut them.  I also noticed when gluing the Q-Tips the only way they stayed was if they had glue on the soft cotton part of the Q-Tip - making layering of the Q-Tips difficult.  Lastly, I didn't want to also have to provide white paper for the skeleton head. 

Here is my variation of the Q-Tip Skeleton:

 Materials: 
13 Q-Tips
RoseArt Washable School Glue
RoseArt White & Colored Washable Chalk
Black Cardstock

Instructions:
To begin with I laid out the Q-Tips and formed the skeleton shape.  Before gluing down the Q-Tips I drew with white chalk the skeleton head and the spine.  Next, I glued the Q-Tips to the black cardstock.  (To glue the Q-Tips place the glue on the soft cotton part of the Q-Tips).  Once, I had glued the Q-Tips I used chalk to create the bones for the hands and feet.  Lastly, using colored chalk I added some pumpkins and BOO.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Email Updates Daily by Feedburner

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner