Recently, I was chosen to be a Glue Dots Design Team Member (Glue Dottess) and this decorative tissue box holder is my first tutorial for them. I am really happy with the results, the Glue Dots® were very easy to work with and I loved their versatility!
· Glue Dots® Continuous Lines
· Glue Dots® Removable
· Glue Dots® Pop-Up
· Glue Dots® Craft
· Unfinished Wooden Tissue Box Holder
· Acrylic Paint
· Heavy Cardstock
· Recycled Buttons
· 2” Wire Ribbon
· Spooled Sequins
· Bowdabra® Bow Wire
1. Begin with an unfinished wooden tissue box holder.
2. Paint the wooden tissue box holder with acrylic paint and let dry.
3. Heavy cardstock works best to create stencils. Use the removable Glue Dots® to attach the stencils and paint. Easily remove the stencils and peel the removable Glue Dots® from the wood. Let the paint dry.
4. Adhere Glue Dots® Continuous Lines along the top and the bottom of the tissue box holder. Attach sequin ribbon along the bottom and the top.
5. Collect buttons with plastic loops on the back. Remove the loops with wire cutters. Attach the buttons to the front of the tissue box by adhering Glue Dots® Craft to the back of the buttons.
6. Place several buttons onto the front of the tissue box holder.
7. Finish the fall decorative tissue box holder with a Bowdabra Bow. To make the bow begin by cutting 24” of Bowdabra Bow Wire and folding it in half and placing it into the Bowdabra.
8. Cut ribbon with dovetail ends and place it into the Bowdabra this will be the bow’s tails.
9. Fold and press ribbon into the Bowdabra creating several loops. Make the last loop smaller than the rest.
10. Scrunch down the bow with the Bowdabra Wand.
11. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
12. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
13. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
14. Fluff the bow.
15. Attach the fall wire bow to the side of the tissue box using Glue Dots Pop-Ups ®. Your tissue box is complete and ready to be displayed.
16. I am really thrilled with my fall decorative tissue box holder!
I love when I create something that is functional and useful!
- I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® design team.