How to Hang Decorated Blown Eggs
- 1999-1571 Aluminum Jewelry Wire 18 gauge
- Variety of 4mm transparent faceted beads
- 03981-3-T27AB 12mm multi-colored AB Berry Beads
- BMB35783 Czech Summer Splash Bead Mix
I have used a variety of bead sizes in this craft to demonstrate you are not limited in the size and type of beads you can use. The different colors and sizes of beads only add to the creativity and glorious "spring" feel of these eggs.
1. Follow the instructions for making a decorated beaded egg for Springtime. Then cut a piece of 18 gauge wire about 8” in length make a wire wrapped loop at one end. Thread a bead onto the end.
2. Thread the wire through the loop of the strung beads, add another bead, and then thread it through the egg. Once wire is through the egg attach another bead, thread it through the wire loop, attach a bead, and finish with a final wrapped loop. Cut way any extra wire.
3. Your decorated egg can now be used as a hanging decoration.
4. Craft Variation: Make another hanging decorated egg, however, this time wire loop the egg around the previous egg’s bottom loop.
The possibilities with this craft are as endless and you’re only limited by your imagination.
Original Post at Crafts Unleashed, craft material provided by Consumer Crafts
Craft Designer: Sarah Forhan
Follow on Twitter @sarah_forhan
Sewing & Crafting with Sarah on Facebook
Bowdabra Ribbons Crafts & Things on Facebook