Here is what I came up with:
8 pieces of Paper Stem Wire
1 pair of woman’s yellow nylons (sized tall – medium)
Gold Glitter Glue
Black Grosgrain Ribbon or Twill
Hot Glue Gun
- Begin by wrapping the ends of two of the paper stem wire. Form wing shape.
- Cut the yellow nylon the length of the wing and pull over wing. Knot the end of the nylon.
- Place the nylon on the three other wings. (Helpful Hint: For the two ends that do not have the foot seam on them hot glue the end and turn the nylon inside out for your seam.)
- Hot glue black ribbon around the edges of the wings.
- Using the gold glitter glue make swirls onto the yellow nylon. Set aside and let dry.
- Attach ribbon onto to both sides of the wings covering the nylon knot on the back. (Helpful Hint: Ribbon will be about 12 inches in length. Test the ribbon length by placing wings onto child’s arms.)
- Attach the top wings to the bottom wings using hot glue.
- Attach thin elastic to the top wing, using hot glue.
To finish the bumble bee costume I attached ribbon to the front of a gold hooded sweatshirt. Use iron-on hem tape, according to the directions, to adhere the ribbon to the sweatshirt.