To make the bumble bee’s antennas begin by going to your local party store. Buy a very inexpensive headband with springs already attached. Many of the headbands are themed for parties or seasonal events. It really doesn’t matter what it looks like as long as it is plastic and has springs attached to the top. Just find the most inexpensive one. Visit the summer/Hawaii themed section of the party store and purchase two plastic leis ( I got the extra fluffy ones).
At a craft store buy large black pom-poms. You will need two.
- Begin the craft project by tearing off all the extras on the headband but leave springs.
- Next, cut the leis so that it is no longer a circle but a long strand.
- Using a hot glue gun attach the leis to one end of the headband and then wrap it around the entire headband. Glue the leis at the other end of the headband.
- Next, take the second leis and cut it into a long strand, again.
- Using a hot glue gun, glue the leis at the bottom of the spring. Wrap the leis around the spring and then hot glue at the top, too.
- Repeat: wrap and glue the leis onto the other spring.
- Using hot glue attach a large black pom-pom onto the top of both springs/antennas.
Look for bumble bee’s wings instructions to come in the next couple of days.
(Author's Note: I finished the wings and the costume check out the post!)