July 17, 2013

Recycled T-Shirt Doggie Vest

Use the arm sleeve of t-shirt to make a doggie vest.  I love to recycle and we are always looking for creative ways to reuse and reduce.  We used a t-shirt that had some stains and lots of wear to make a messenger bag then we used one of the sleeves to make a doggie vest.








 Instructions:
1. To make the vest I cut the sleeve along with about 4" of the chest.
2. Using the hem of the sleeve thread elastic through.
3. Sew the elastic in place.
4. Cut out and hem the leg holes. Shape the vest into a cape like fashion so that the top is long and the underneath is short.
5. Pin done some ribbon.
6. Sew the end of the ribbon to the top of the vest.  Then slide the d-ring on.
7. Sew the rest of the ribbon in place.
8. Your doggie vest is complete.

To learn how to make a scrap ribbon bow to pin to the doggie vest visit the Bowdabra Blog.


With the rest of the t-shirt my daughter made a messenger bag.

1 comment:

  1. Cute Sarah! I think I might try and make one of these for my little Jack Russell! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Email Updates Daily by Feedburner

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner