March 8, 2013

Vogue Butterick Step-by-Step Guide to Sewing Techniques

Vogue Butterick Step-by-Step Guide to Sewing Techniques is the bible of sewing!

No longer do you need multiple sewing technique books, this book covers it all with over 370 pages of in-depth sewing knowledge!  There are entire chapters dedicated pockets, cuffs, pleats, ruffles, lining, hems, hooks, sleeves, snaps, zippers, tucks....if you have a sewing question this book has the answer!

One of the reasons why I really love this book is that I am always changing a pattern to make it my own.  If I have a question on how to add a zipper or cuffs (even when a pattern doesn't call for it) I can find the answer easily, in this book.

For instance, my daughter needed a black skirt for a chorus concert.  I had a summery ruffled skirt pattern, in her size.



Instead of using a summer cotton blend I used a light-weight stretchy denim, eliminated the ruffles, opted for a more layered look, and added a sheer sparkly fabric over the denim.   The Vogue Butterick book was a great resource to help me make the changes.




A beginner sewer or novice this book has something for everyone.



Disclosure: I was given this book free to review.  The opinions in this post are my honest thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Email Updates Daily by Feedburner

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner