March 1, 2012

Dollar Store Fashion Necklaces

Fashion on a budget is how I roll!   I am frugal by nature and jewelry is something I have a hard time buying - especially because every time I look at something I think I can make that.

Recently I have seen lots of chain necklaces with ribbon embellishments and I wanted to recreate that style but on a budget.   Here are my two ribbon and chain fashion necklaces made for $2.00 each with ribbon left over (for other projects).


How did I make the necklaces?  Yesterday my daughter and I visited our local Dollar Store.  I was on the hunt for some fashion necklaces that I could glam-up with ribbon.  To my shock my local Dollar Store did not carry any necklaces!  WHAT??   However, they had a huge display of magnifying glasses and next to the glasses were several styles of eyeglass cords!  There were several different styles to choose from.  I also found coordinating Dollar Store satin ribbon.

Instructions:

1. To make these necklaces you will need an eyeglass cord, ribbon, and 2 jump rings (for each necklace).





2. Remove the little black rubber rings from the ends of the eyeglass cords.  Attach a large jump ring to each end.




3. Thread ribbon through each jump ring.




4. Bring one end back over to the other jump ring and then through the other side.  This will allow you to tie a bow easily.




5. Tie bow on the side and necklace is complete.  Rather have the bow in the back?  Remove the ribbon from the side and tie in the back.  So versatile!  Change the look by adding a pendant, as well.







6. For the other fashion necklace I removed the black rubber rings, add jump rings, and tied a bow in the front.




7. Trendy fashionable necklaces on a Dollar Store budget.  Enjoy!



I am participating in Bowdabra's Many Uses of Ribbon National Craft Month Party.  Go check it out lots of fun and great giveaways all month long!

Bowdabra Giveaway 

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Amazing how simple it can be to communicate with people and have them understand a certain topic, you made my day.


    Designer jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah for linking these up and your other project in last weeks Bowdabra Saturday Showcase! The new linky is up and running and we would be honored to have more of your projects listed! So stop in and join the fun!

    http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/05/12/saturday-showcase-craft-projects/

    Susie @Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always love this tutorial! So easy to make. Thanks for sharing it in the Bowdabra Crafty Showcase this week.

    Susie @Bowdabra
    http://www.bowdabrablog.com

    ReplyDelete

Email Updates Daily by Feedburner

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner