March 22, 2011

Spring Candy Dish

candydish_6

Spring has almost sprung!  I have begun to decorate my home with all things "Spring" in hopes that the snow will melt, flowers will bloom, and birds will sing!  A girl can hope!

I love candy dishes, the more unique the better!

Materials:
  • Core'dinations Cardstock Super Assortments
  • love wire word and charms
  • wood bird feeder model kit
  • Studio 71 Acrylic Paint Iridescent Gold
  • 16 oz gloss mod podge
  • Tacky Glue
  • Sand Paper
Instructions:

I first began by taking all the bird-feeder wooden pieces out of their packaging.

Then I chose several different colors from Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock. I love Core'dinations you can, "sand, tear and antique the cardstock to reveal the "core'dinating" core color hidden beneath the texture."


I decoupaged each wooden bird feeder piece, except for the thin sides on the smaller wooden pieces.

After the decoupage dried I painted the sides and lightly painted the paper with iridescent gold paint. Once, the paint was dried I lightly sanded the edges and top, of each piece. When I sanded the paper I also took some of the Mod Podge off, however, because I did not sand the entire piece or sand it deeply the paper stayed on just fine. If you are worried about the pieces you can add another layer of decoupage once you have sanded the paper. Next, using tacky glue I assembled the bird feeder.

Lastly, I attached Darice Finishing Accents with hot glue.


The I added candy to the bird feeder tray to be used as a candy dish.


This is a fun craft to make and give to your children going off to college, make for a teacher, or even give as a hostess gift!

Original Post at Crafts Unleashed, craft material provided by Consumer Crafts
Craft Designer: Sarah Forhan
Follow on Twitter @sarah_forhan
Sewing & Crafting with Sarah on Facebook
Bowdabra Ribbons Crafts & Things on Facebook
Stumble It:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Email Updates Daily by Feedburner

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner