When I opened the box the only assembly that was required was to attach the handle to the Cuttlebug. Easy enough!
To my amazement and delight (I am amazed and delighted easily) I had four separate flower shapes. I used different scrapbooking paper, layered them, and added a brad in the center. I then attached the flowers with Glue Dots to the card that I had designed.
I have only been using my Cuttlebug for a few days but here is what I learned so far:
- The plexi-glass plates that you are using are going to get scored and you will see the die cut imprints no matter which side you place your die (face up or face down). In the picture above, I placed my die cuts face down. However, I was supposed to place them foam side face up. Though, regardless of which way you place them it still leaves an imprint on your plates. I am thinking I will absolutely have to buy new plates and I did some research and go figure they are available.
- The handle is not that easy to turn. I end up pushing through the plates and turning the handle at the same time.
- Every time you cut paper you are left with a negative space. To not waste too much paper I need to start planning what I am going to do with the left over paper.
- Die Cuts and Embossing Folders can get very expensive if I do not pace myself. I will have to look for great deals and slowly build up my supply.
Cuttlebug Flower Dies (pictured above) are Item 317370 and can be found by typing the item number in the search field at AllCraftSupplies.com