I love to make hair bows for my daughter for each season. St. Patrick’s Day is no exception!
I incorporated ribbon and beads for this bow. The green clover themed ribbon and a beaded clover accent make this bow the ultimate Saint Patrick’s Day bow. I also used my favorite bow making tool the Mini Bowdabra. The Mini Bowdabra can be purchased at most craft stores. Visit their website for retail stores in your area.
Wide Width Green Ribbon
St. Patrick's Day Themed Ribbon
Green Seed Beads
Hot Glue Gun
1. Begin with the wide width green ribbon and form three loops on either side of the Mini Bowdabra. Start by forming the first loop and pressing it into the Mini Bowdabra, continue forming and pressing the loops into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Next cut a piece of St. Patrick's Day Themed Ribbon about 18" in length. Fold it in half and then place it right side down into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Loop one side of the ribbon and then the other into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Bring the tails into the center of the Mini Bowdabra forming two more loops.
5. Scrunch the bow down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
6. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly and gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Bring the Bowdabra Bow Wire around to the back, tie, and then bring it back to the front.
7. Thread seed beads through the Bowdabra Bow Wire to form a clover. Thread 4-5 beads and then twist the wire to form a clover leaf. Do the same thing two more times. Tie the wire in the back of the bow to secure the clover accent.
8. Partially line alligator clip with ribbon and a hot glue gun. Tie the Bowdabra Bow wire to it and trim away the excess wire.
9. Fold the ribbon over the bottom of the alligator clip and hot glue it securely in place.
10. Presto! Your St. Patrick's Day Themed Hair Bow is ready to wear.
Follow on Twitter @sarah_forhan
Sewing & Crafting with Sarah on Facebook
FTC Disclosure: I write craft projects for Bowdabra, however I am not receiving any monetary gain by mentioning their product(s).