April 19, 2009

Quick Changes From a Boy Jacket to Girl Jacket

For me it is not about buying new but rather using what you already have on hand. With a little imagination and a little crafty know-how you can turn nothing into something.

Boy Jacket with racing stripe (original jacket):

Transformed into: A Girl Jacket with purple flower ribbon and gem stone ribbon zipper pull.
I used fabric-tac to glue purple ribbon onto of the racing stripe. Then for the zipper-pull I used metal snaps to attach ribbon. And then glued gems onto the snap with the same fabric-tac glue.


Wallah, boy jacket transformed to girl jacket. I had the fabric-tac and the snaps on hand the only thing I bought was the ribbon, in a clearance bin for $1.00!

Helpful Hint: For attaching snaps I use a snap attaching tool (pictured below).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Email Updates Daily by Feedburner

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner