I was on Pinterest the other day and found a video tutorial by Mark Montano on how to make your very own ribbon wrapped bangle bracelets. I was overwhelmed with the sheer genius of his video tutorial. He suggested using zip ties as the base of the bangle bracelet. GENIUS!
I have embed the video tutorial for you to view for yourself. After you have watched the video check out my tutorial below I made just a few changes.
To make my own Mardi Gras Bangle Bracelets I just made a few modifications.
- Instead of using clear plastic tape I used a black duct tape.
- Instead of fray check I used a lighter to seal my ribbon on both ends.
- I hot glued the two end beads together so that there would be a place for the ribbon to overlap.
- Lastly, my final ribbon seal I melted the ribbon end and pressed it against the other ribbon to hold it all in place.
- Also, be careful to check the beads. I started to make a bracelet only to realize half way through two of the beads were glued together with no spaces.