Red Extra Wide Double Fold Bias Tape
Green Extra Wide Double Fold Bias Tape
Red and Green Thread
1. Begin by folding the unfinished end of the tape inside to keep it from fraying. Then fold the tape in half and begin a running stitch.
2. Pull the running stitch to make the fabric curl.
3. Continue to sew a running stitch and pull the fabric for a curl. When you have the apple large enough (about the size of a quarter), cut the fabric and fold the end in and finishing sewing.
4. Stitch the ends into place.
5. Cut a piece of green bias tape about an inch long.
6. Create a point by folding the ends in and tacking it in place.
7. Fold the other end and tack the other side.
8. Sew the leaf onto the apple.
9. Cut a piece of hemp for the stem and whip-stitch it onto the back.
10. Finish by adding a few stitches on the bottom to create a few creases at the bottom of the apple.
11. The fabric apple is complete.
12. Follow the instructions to make several.