March 11, 2011

Baby Shower Centerpiece

Recently, I made several table centerpieces for my cousin's baby shower.  They came out so great I had to share.  To make the chocolate ribbon roses I used a tutorial I had designed years ago for Valentine's Day.  However, instead of using just one color ribbon I used two.

I made a total of twelve chocolate ribbon roses for each centerpiece.  I added the roses and greenery into mason jars. Helpful Hint: I used recycled mason jars.  We eat Classico Spaghetti Sauce that always comes in large mason jars.  I never throw them out I just rinse and save them.  



To finish the centerpiece I attached ribbon around the mason jar and added a sheer bow.  I made my sheer bows by using my Mini Bowdabra.  All the ribbon I used can be purchased at Bowdabra's Ribbon Crafts & Things Store.  I found the little pink bird clips at a Michael's Craft Store.  The bird's had little alligator clips that I just attached to the front of the bow.



These centerpieces not only worked great for a baby shower but I think would look great at an Anniversary Party, Wedding Reception, Sweet 16 Party, or other formal gatherings.

Craft Designer - Sarah Forhan
Follow on Twitter @sarah_forhan
Sewing & Crafting with Sarah on Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Sarah this baby shower centerpiece is delish! What a sweet idea for a baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie! Love your play on words! :-)

      Delete
  2. Sarah this is so fun! I can see it used for many other occasions, too!! Thanks for sharing this in the weekly Bowdabra Crafty Showcase.

    The new showcase opens up Friday midnight and runs through Thursday noon. We hope that you share more of your crafty creations.

    http://bowdabrablog.com/

    susie @Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete

Email Updates Daily by Feedburner

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner