March 28, 2010

Spring Hanging Decoration

I am participating in the Dollar Stores Crafts Carnival: Placemat Challenge

I love a challenge! The theme of this challenge is to purchase an inexpensive placemat at a dollar store or a home goods store and turn it into something else. 

Before I could even begin I had to find the perfect placemat, the hunt was on! After a few stores I found the one I was looking for at Bed, Bath, & Beyond for only $1.99!

I then went to my local Dollar Store and purchased four bunches of faux flowers, for you guessed it: a $1.00 each. Lastly, I needed 1/8” wide ribbon and small little butterflies which I had on hand.

Tools Needed:
Hot Glue Gun
Yarn Needle
Wire Cutters

Instructions:
Fold one end of the placemat a little higher than the half way point. Hold the sides in place using a yarn needle and 1/8” wide ribbon. Tie the ribbon into small bows on either side.






Again, using a yarn needle and 1/8” ribbon attach a loop at the top of the placemat.







Attach small little butterflies onto the front of the spring door decoration with a hot glue gun.







Using wire cutters cut faux flowers apart from the bunch. Place them randomly into your spring hanging decoration.

Your spring decoration can then be hung on a door, peg board, or even placed on a mantle.


AllCraftSupplies.com

1 comment:

  1. That is so pretty and the combinations are endless!

    ReplyDelete

Email Updates Daily by Feedburner

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner